[Foundation-l] discussion about banning external hotlinking

mboverload mboverloadlister at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 06:51:05 UTC 2008

Just a quick note -

I used to be part of a group that would post large pictures on the
internet.  We were always taking hits because of imgshack, photobucket, etc
taking down our images because of too much bandwidth use.  However, these
images would not be allowed on the commons or Wikipedia anyway.

I think we need to make it clear what can and can not be uploaded and
promptly delete anything that doesn't fit those guidelines.  This eliminates
almost all "image hosting".  The rest is so small as to be meaningless.

mboverload