[Foundation-l] discussion about banning external hotlinking

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 18:46:20 UTC 2008

2008/7/28 Simetrical <Simetrical+wikilist at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 2:32 PM, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  I think the flickr style size links on top is preferable ... less
>> likely to get missed.
>
> I don't actually see anywhere to copy and paste HTML to hotlink images
> from Flickr.  I only see a download link, and that only after clicking
> a tiny and easily-missed "All Sizes" link just above the image.  Does
> the HTML only appear on some images?

It appears underneath the image when you've gone through to "all
sizes". It's there for all images with CC-* permissions, and - I think
- authors can set it to be visible even for all-rights-reserved images
in their own preferences.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shimgray/2710860588/ is the last image I
uploaded (don't worry, it wasn't all mine...) and "all sizes" will
give you: http://www.flickr.com/photos/shimgray/2710860588/sizes/m/ a
download link, then the image, then underneath that the raw image URL
and a set of preformed HTML.

--
- Andrew Gray
 andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk