[Foundation-l] Another looka bot creation of articles

Andrew Su asu at gnf.org
Thu Jul 24 22:18:10 UTC 2008

Absolutely agreed, the real numbers do make a difference.  Ultimately
though I'm not sure how hard and fast you could make the acceptance
criteria.  I think it would be a complex weighting between the number of
articles, the content in each article, the size of the existing user
community, the size of the community of new editors which you hope to
attract, etc.  Ultimately, I believe that weighting should be done by
humans (rather than by comparing to some rigid rule set), and that it's
up to each Wikipedia's governing bodies to decide what is right for
them.

Speaking as someone who has gone through the bot approval process at the
English Wikipedia, I was quite happy with how it turned out.  We got
some great suggestions from experienced users, we reached consensus on
what the appropriate trial run and full run would look like, and
ultimately I think everyone was satisfied with the process and the
result.  For context, here is the archived discussion:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Bots/Requests_for_approval/Protei
nBoxBot

-andrew

But