[Foundation-l] What is on the back of the logo?

Lennart Guldbrandsson wikihannibal at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 13:54:44 UTC 2008

Sorry for cross-posting this, but as Cbrown pointed out: not everybody reads
the logo page on Meta.

Anyway:

Wikimedia Sverige <http://se.wikimedia.org/wiki/Huvudsida>, the Swedish
chapter, are going to make a 3D version of the Wikipedia logo, a meter in
diameter. But this means that we need to know what is on the puzzle pieces
on the back of the globe. Which symbols are on the back?

It seems that we should probably have some official answer to this - or we
will have to improvise ourselves. This question needs to be answered by
September, at the very latest, when we are going to show the globe in front
of a 100 000 visitors of the Gothenburg Book Fair.

I know of at least one attempt to make puzzle globes for real, namely in
Taiwan, see picture
here<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Wikimania_2007_dungodung_116.jpg>,
but it is not nearly good enough we feel. (Sorry, you who created it.)

Best wishes,

--
Lennart Guldbrandsson, chair of Wikimedia Sverige and press contact for
Swedish Wikipedia // ordförande för Wikimedia Sverige och presskontakt för