[Foundation-l] language proposal policy. let's continue the work

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 02:10:55 UTC 2008

Two things:

If a language still has native speakers, rather than just having
literate people, we should require at least two native speakers. We
have had projects in the past built and run by people with only a very
tentative command of the language in question, and this has led to
trouble down the road (for example, mi.wp).

Also, despite constant requests on the talk page for the addition of
some sort of numerical criterium in re: "potential readers" or
"potential editors", I strongly reject this argument for modern
natively-spoken languages. As long as a community can produce articles
and has enough editors to meet the other requirements, I think it is
sufficient.

Mark