[Foundation-l] Ukrainian Wikipedia

Michael Bimmler mbimmler at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 21:06:13 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 9:08 PM, Christiano Moreschi
<moreschiwikiman at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

> Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Do we have a Macedonian Wikipedia? If so, someone should check the images there. So many of the Macedonians on en are just awful when it comes to copyright. One chap even commented that "it's in the blood". Nobody objected.

What the hell is this about?

Christiano, this thread is hopeless enough (as most of us can't
participate in the discussion anyway due to lack of fluency in
Ukrainian), so please don't go about spreading rumors and general
allegations on the Macedonian Wikipedia in corpore.
I apologise if I'm misreading something but the "It's in the blood"
thing sounds utterly racist to me and this will be not tolerated on
this list.

Really, everybody, take a step back. I think that this is an issue
where (see above) foundation-l is not really the place to find a
solution. If Brigitte's solution is acceptable to all, I'd recommend
that rather such a way of "mediation" or "third party opinion" be
pursued, anything else seems a bit pointless.

Thanks,
Michael

--
Michael Bimmler