[Foundation-l] Ukrainian Wikipedia

masti mst at warszawa.pl.eu.org
Tue Jul 15 18:54:43 UTC 2008

Анатолій Гончаров pisze:
> Hi.
>
> I want to tell about copyright problems in Ukrainian Wikipedia.
> (sorry for my non-pure English, I believe that somebody will understand me)
>
> Sysops of uk-wp abuse copyright uploading images with wrong licences. Some
> of them uploads non-free images with free licence. Other ones use fairuses
> in templates and userpages. And you may upload ANY image and put license
> {{Fairuse in}} and image will stay on Wikipedia during months.

Anatolij,
I understand your problem. The thing is there is different understanding
of Copyright in different law systems. We have similar problem in
pl.wiki with for example, FairUse graphics uploaded on Commons which
cannot be used in pl.wiki due to copyright violations. It is no so easy
to upload article/picture to common store and have it to comply with all
countries law. I would sy it is impossible.

But when it is uploaded onto your  wiki then have a local community
agreement about the rules. If the article abuses those rules delete it.

masti