[Foundation-l] Consensus [was: Top 10 Wikipedias]

Nemo_bis nemowiki at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 20:57:32 UTC 2008

Anthony:
>I haven't been able to figure out whether or not any of them have managed to define that concept in a reasonable manner, though.

[[it:Wikipedia:Consenso]] was translated from en.wiki. It does not actually define what "consensus" means, implies that there is consensus when nobody changes your edit (on the article, policy or whatever) - i.e. there is no edit war -, and focuses on what can be done to achieve this, referring to concepts like NPOV, Wikipedia is not a democracy, Assume good faith and - about polls and surveys - «Non correre alle urne» (lit. «do not run to the polls»: [[m:Don't vote on everything]], [[m:Polls are evil]]).
[[fr:Wikipédia:Consensus]] quotes this message: http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2005-July/026513.html.

Nemo