[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Foundation 2008-2009 Annual Plan

effe iets anders effeietsanders at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 10:58:15 UTC 2008

2008/7/3 geni <geniice op gmail.com>:
> 2008/7/3 Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen op gmail.com>:
>> Hoi,
>> As I have to spell it out for you:
>>
>>   - Wolof:  3,612,560 people
>
> Cost benefit analysis suggests that removing it and replacing it with
> something more widely spoken works out better in the long run.
>
>>   - Swahili: 772,642 first language 30,000,000 second language users
>
> Which would put it about level with Polish. How much polish content
> did we directly fund?

None, but did Polish need it? I think you can't compare the situation
of a language in Africa with that of a language in Europe. The
question is, what would be the added value. Asking what we did with
other languages that did not need it sounds ridiculous to me, sorry
(at least your other arguments make *some* sense... ).