[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Foundation 2008-2009 Annual Plan

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 21:01:30 UTC 2008

Hoi,
So you want the money spend. I do so agree. Let us spend money and Open
Source FONTS. Fonts that are free that are good. If this means that we spend
money on developing fonts so that everybody can see ALL the characters and
that we do not have to resort to ugly screen prints to show devangari for
instance ...

If we spend EUR 100.000,- on developing content in languages like Wolof
Swahili Xhosa Zulu we can REALLY make a difference for such languages. We
are saving more then that so we can do these things.

Really tell me how much to spend, and I can get it spend on things that will
help us achieve the aims of the Foundation or the projects..  Finding good
projects and executing them is not a problem.
Thanks,
      GerardM