[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Foundation 2008-2009 Annual Plan

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 12:50:25 UTC 2008

Hoi,
You cannot bank on making a substantial saving in the future. When you find
that you do NOT spend money, you are happy as you have more money in the
bank. This is in and of itself a good thing because as it is, the Wikimedia
Foundation could do more seriously good work when it had more serious
amounts of money. There have also beenpeople clamoring for the WMF having
big reserves.. Money that has been cautiously budgetted may not be all used.
This money could go into such reserves..

So really, it is GOOD when there is some conservative bookkeeping because
the budget is based on many unknownables in the first place..

Thanks,
      GerardM