[Foundation-l] Fwd: Wikimedia-wide global blocking mechanism?

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Thu Jan 31 18:55:47 UTC 2008

I'm on Checkuser-l and I'm not going to reveal which IP provoked this
discussion. However the block was generally agreed at one year in this case.
Yes, it is our old friend Willy on Wheels.

In cases like this where you are restricted to short blocks you are just
making more work. When you've permanently blocked a dozen vandal accounts
registered through an IP over a period of months you want the option to
block the IP for a long term.

Brian McNeil