[Foundation-l] An observation on languages

Maria Fanucchi marialadouce at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 12:17:03 UTC 2008

There are some, like me, who simply do not participate in discussions
because they get technical/legal quite often, which is beyond a lot of
people, or perhaps just plain boring to them.
And there is, of course, the fact that they can often degenerate into heated
arguments. I, for one, already have enough of this kind of aggressiveness
on-wiki and don't need the added aggravation. (Just for the record, my home
wiki is fr:wp, and my maternal languages are English and Spanish.)
I still scan the e-mails to see if anything interesting is being said, and
reread some threads carefully (as is evidently the case for this one), but
these are rare occasions because sometimes both of the above situations
apply to a single thread: heated arguments about technical/legal details I
know nothing about, or just the basics.
Happy editing,
--Maria Fanucchi
(User:Arria Belli, and "Arria" on IRC.)