[Foundation-l] A simple question on languages.

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 16:34:40 UTC 2008

On 23/01/2008, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:

> It is an irrelevant question. Research has shown that kids that learn to
> write in their mother tongue first will do better academically.

The question was "Note that I'm asking 'effectively communicate'" -
effectively, not requiring the communication to be ideal. (e.g. en:wp
is effective as an encyclopedia for quite a large international
readership who don't have English as a first language, as is seen by
the large amount of editing from such countries and people.) You
appear to be answering the question as if it said "ideally".

- d.