[Foundation-l] A simple question on languages.

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 16:14:42 UTC 2008

On Jan 23, 2008 11:08 AM, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:
> What is the minimum number of languages must you write in to
> effectively communicate with 99.9999% of all the world's literate
> people?

Just on a note of clarification, are we talking about the effective
communication of our websites? That is, do we exclude from this people
who don't have computer access? Also, since we are a print medium, do
we exclude people who do not have a written form of language (ignoring
transliterations which are used academically, but are not used to
communicate between speakers of that language)?

I'm pretty sure I know the answers to some of these questions, but I
want to make sure.

--Andrew Whitworth