[Foundation-l] Wikipedia Invites Users to Take Part in Open, Collaborativ...

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 01:17:05 UTC 2008

On Jan 18, 2008 8:09 PM, Aphaia <aphaia at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> > Then again I do not make a habit of quoting the bible and all I wanted to
> > say to Greg is that his choise for a quote was not strong. I value his
> > opinion even if I do not always agree.
>
> But perhaps it would give a much clearer communication,  not relying
> on an ambiguous parable but speaking straightly?

Yes.

The common telling of it, 'My son,' the father said, 'you are always
with me, and everything I have is yours. But we had to celebrate and
be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he
was lost and is found.'

Which is where I think we should be, Where everyone gains ... but we
are not because the already free projects do not receive support from
the foundation in this manner.

When the foundation demonstrates good performance at bringing needed
love and attention to open projects, and initiatives by its own
communities, then giving attention on those who have come from the
proprietary world will be no cause for bad feelings.

Perhaps it was a poor comparison. I hope this is more clear.