[Foundation-l] Localisation of MediaWiki

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 09:24:31 UTC 2008

Hoi,
Hoi what is unfair is that previous project proposals had less stringent
rules then the current and future project proposals. In my reply to Aphaia I
said as much. What I also said was that it is not unreasonable.

I do encourage pan-project development of the localisation process. At the
time when a language community asks for a new project the quality of the
localisation will be assessed. It is exactly because we expect an ongoing
localisation effort that this requirement should not be an issue. The
problem that we face is that the localisation for most languages is often
severely deficient. The relevance of this is something that is not
appreciated by the users of an English user interface because they get their
localisation by default.
Thanks,
    GerardM