[Foundation-l] tech team - content community bottleneck

Chad innocentkiller at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 20:07:37 UTC 2008

You cannot. That's why this is a bad idea. We have an instance of a developer
(in good faith!) not determining consensus at the appropriate percentage level
(whatever percentage consensus allows this week, sheesh). Saying "ArbCom
or Bcrats must review every developer request so they can submit it"
is inherently a
/bad idea/. I've made quite a few requests for new features, etc...and I didn't
ask the en.wiki community first. Under the new system, would that lead
to a block? Why can't a well-intentioned user make their own requests, and
not have to jump through a million hoops to do so? No one is going to want
to fill out a WP:RFARODR (Request for Arbitrator Review of Developer Request)
and wait a month for the Arbs to review it just to get stuff done.

It's all adding to the useless bureaucracy.

Always,
Chad