[Foundation-l] tech team - content community bottleneck

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 12 20:39:09 UTC 2008

--- Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:

> > So, we usually have just to trust that people who
> come and ask for
> > things can really represent community, and are not
> going to undermine
> > something in evil ways.
> > Usually we like to trust, and love to trust. But
> sometimes a single
> > campaign against can shatter it all.
>
> This might be a good place for local ArbComs to step
> in. They can
> determine consensus and make the request to
> developers. Developers
> trying to determine consensus, especially on
> projects in languages
> they don't speak, is pretty much impossible - it
> comes down to a
> (hopefully lucky) guess.

How should the devs know which communities have an
Arbcom that needs to approve the bug?  I think any
system put in here needs to, by default, not interfere
with the devs doing their work.  Giving communities
more opportunities to raise a flag before
implementaion is good.  But requiring the devs check
with X before every implementation, or any process
external to Bugzilla, is bad.

Birgitte SB