[Foundation-l] Ru.Wikibooks

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 14:25:20 UTC 2008

Hoi,
Most definetly there are more projects like this. One of the reasons Ramir
has a point is because there is no functional framework for these kind of
issues. People take up an issue and make a ruckus often without taking time
to be diplomatic, without talking to the people involved. Everything is
presented as a crisis and consequently it has to be dealt with now because
it is so bad ... so lets vote because we must be right when we have voted

Many projects have their issues, many languages have their issues. People
who speak different languages are not heard by you, understood when they
speak in their language by you. When it is argued that we do not take enough
care of our smaller languages our smaller projects many people react
negatively because it can only detract from their project...

When you ask what can be done, the first thing is show respect, assume good
faith and talk. Preferably not like a mob. Have a body that deals with these
things quietly. The stewards do great work, but it would help when there is
a body of trusted people that are there to mediate or arbitrate. Quietly,
slowly, and authoritatively. Yes, there needs to be openness but in the end
the smooth optimal running of projects will make us accomplish what we are
about; provide information to all people of this world.

Thanks,
     GerardM