[Foundation-l] On the cost of explaining things.

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 06:23:40 UTC 2008

On Jan 9, 2008 1:10 AM, Jimmy Wales <jwales at wikia.com> wrote:
> Greg, who I respect very much, and who I do *not* count among the
> conspiracy mongers, said this:
>  >These days it seems many users learn more about Wikimedia from leaks
>  >and reporters than they do through the official channels. Does that
>  >form of communication actually turn out to be less costly?
>
> I do not think this is accurate.

I think some people are still a little upset over the whole The
Register/Ms. Doran incident. People tend to let the bad things like
that leave a lingering sour taste.

Frankly, I'm so happy with the recent upsurge in openness and
communication from the board that these past incidents really don't
matter anymore.

--Andrew Whitworth