[Foundation-l] Meta-arbcom (was: the foundations of...)

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Sat Jan 5 15:31:12 UTC 2008

Did somebody try to estimate how serious the problem is? How many editors
in language wikipedias are around who do not speak English reasonably good
but whose activities are not restricted to their wp edition, they are
still active at the meta level, vote for stewards and would be interested
in participating in the ArbCom? I guess it is a marginal amount but I do
not really have an idea. Does the number of such contributors grow in time
or does it go down?

On the other hand, probably everybody will have to accept that if English
is to become lingua franca for the ArbCom, it is broken English.

Cheers,
Yaroslav