[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] Legal obligation to report

Durova nadezhda.durova at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 16:55:20 UTC 2008

R+R is a legitimate air force interest. I emailed my Army JAG friend,
I'm waiting on a response. However, from my own experiences in both
Army and USAF computer facilities in Iraq and other middle east
countries, we're all arguing about a complete non-issue. Here's the
rub: The military, ALL branches of the military, regularly set up and
authorize the use of computer labs and stations for off-duty
browsing.  The navy has them installed on their ships. The Air Force
sets them up at air bases, and the army comes in and mooches off of
them until we get our own. These facilities are at the discretion of
the installation commander and he can always take them back and shut
them down. But in practice, that never happens.
******
The *clean* part of Dan's message states it very well.  I'm surprised this
was ever under discussion.

-Durova