[Foundation-l] A dangerous precedent

Henning Schlottmann h.schlottmann at gmx.net
Tue Jan 1 21:57:49 UTC 2008

Milos Rancic wrote:
>>> 2) Rossana, municipality in Piedmnot, Italy [3]
>>>
>>> - German - bot generated article.
>> wrong. This article is written (and started) by humans, we don't have
>> bot generated content on de-WP.
>
> I know that Germans are hard workers, but, if this [1] was *really*
> done by a human, don't assume that the rest of us are the same
> fanatics. Being awake for 29 hours and all of that time working on
> Wikipedia is too much for people who want to sleep a couple of hours
> per day.

I stand corrected, it seems that on de-WP around 1000 articles on
municipalities in Piemont, Italy were generated by a bot or at least
bot-supported in early October 2005. Some of them were deleted, some
even speedy as sub stubs, but most survived. I happened to register my
account around that time and contributed occasionally as anon before.
And I did not follow internals back then.

Ciao Henning