[Foundation-l] Reply to Michael

Philippe Beaudette philippebeaudette at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 16:13:48 UTC 2008

Michael,

What about my message was incivil?  What about it was off-topic?  To have
that implied is offensive.

I don't mean to be aggressive, and pray that I'm not, but my message was
on-topic and exhaustively civil (I think you'll see that I work really hard
at civility) and it never went through.

I'm sorry, but this particular action has greatly offended me.  I sent a
private message to Austin yesterday but since he has not seen fit to respond
to it, I'm making it public below.

~Philippe

Message that I sent to Austin follows:

Although I appreciate your mention that you apologize for not notifying the
group that the message string had been kill-filed, I want to go on record -
strongly - as saying that it was handled poorly.

I'm a solid contributor to this list.  I think that I rarely - if ever -
generate noise as opposed to signal.  I'm an administrator who is trusted
with OTRS access and have been a member of the election steering committee.
I think I'm the very definition of "trusted contributor".

It should be very clear to the moderators how absolutely offensive it is to
get a "message moderated" email for a list to which I have long been a solid
contributor.

This situation was bungled, and I'm amazed how badly.  You owe it to EACH
contributor who received one of those moderation messages to apologize to
them: individually.  An apology in passing in the last paragraph of an email
is insufficient.  You (or the software) could be bothered to send us a
message saying we weren't trusted to post to the list.  You owe us the
courtesy of an email of apology.

Philippe