[Foundation-l] Status of cloak requests

Michael Bimmler mbimmler at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 11:43:49 UTC 2008

I think the position of the foundation was and it that it does not
want to get officially involved with IRC (nota: the Group Contacts
were not appointed by the foundation, they act as representatives [or
benevolent dictators...] of the Wikimedia IRC community).

Thus, I presume the office won't want to make an official request to
Freenode, the only people who could do this are James and Sean.

Further, As Sean is also a Freenode staffer, I trust that he knows
what is going on and what we can expect of Freenode at the moment and
what not. I doubt whether any official request would speed matters
up...

Michael