[Foundation-l] Next board meeting

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 18:18:07 UTC 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 12:54 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
>  The board consists of a mixture of appointed and elected members, so
>  there is clearly a choice. Given that choice, why would you ever use
>  an election to select somebody that requires a specific skillset? It
>  would be foolish to the extreme. Democracy is simply not a good way to
>  find a treasurer.

I'm not saying that there isn't a choice. I'm also not saying whether
a treasurer should or should not be appointed. I'm saying that I've
never seen it written that the treasurer MUST be appointed, and so I
have no reason to assume that such a rule exists.

Maybe the board is, by your reasoning, foolish to the extreme. Maybe it is not.

--Andrew Whitworth