[Foundation-l] Next board meeting

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 14:40:02 UTC 2008

On 24/02/2008, Ilario Valdelli <valdelli at gmail.com> wrote:
> No problem but in any case the name of Financial Controller is more
>  correct than "treasurer".

Not really, the position is traditionally called "treasurer". I've
never heard of a "Financial Controller".

>  As you see here
>  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treasurer#In_other_organizations probably
>  that are skills that cannot be managed by volunteers.

Which is why the board are struggling to find someone. Give them time,
I'm sure they'll find someone suitable eventually.

>  It seems more realistic to bound the role for control.

I don't understand. What parts of the standard role of a treasurer do
you think should be excluded?