[Foundation-l] Wikimania and the Muhammad pix

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 18:41:34 UTC 2008

That's not correct.

  In several of those incidents the target was specifically picked for
having Israelis.  The Ras Burqa massacre specifically targeted israeli
tourists. By the way, the killer in that case was an Egyptian
policeman who machinegunned the Israelis, while other nearby policemen
refused to give aid to the wounded, and stopped an israeli doctor from
giving aid to the wounded at gunpoint, leaving the wounded to bleed to
death. Egyptian politicians labeled the murderer a hero of the Sinai,
and there were numerous demonstrations in support of the killer, and
in opposition to his trial.

The Sharm el Sheikh attacks were conducted in a location that is
widely considered to be an Israeli tourist destination.

The 2004 attacks against hotels were also conducted by palestinian
organizations specifically targeting Israelis. The Israeli government
knew of plans to conduct such an attack, and issued warnings, which
went unheeded.