[Foundation-l] WMF/EFF and Copyright extension

geni geniice at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 19:51:30 UTC 2008

On 20/02/2008, daniwo59 at aol.com <daniwo59 at aol.com> wrote:
> No, that is not good. The reason we oppose the extension of copyright is  not
>  so that we can make Wikipedia pretty and have lots of cool sound bytes and
>  images. I would hope the reason we oppose the extension of copyright is far
>  more  principled than that.
>
>  Danny

No. That would put the foundation in the position of appearing to be
campaigning against copyright itself which has the risk of making it
far harder to work with third parties. The foundation can fairly
safely take a pragmatic position against the extension of copyright
terms but the cost of a principled stand is more problematical.
--
geni