[Foundation-l] Wikimania and the Muhammad pix

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 19:16:50 UTC 2008

It should be noted that Egypt has just banned 2 German Newspapers (Die
Welt, and Frankfurter Allgemaine), the Wall Street Journal, and The
Observer over posting the Muhammad cartoons, which was followed with
demonstrations by university professors, deans, and students chanting
"Jews, Jews,  watch out, the army of Muhammad will return!".

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003712323

This is really the kind of environment we want to host a Wikimania in?
I'd have much more respect for people who BOYCOTT Wikimania in the
name of free speech, freedom of the press, and journalistic integrity.

-Dan