[Foundation-l] Wikimania and the Muhammad pix

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 20:08:58 UTC 2008

On 19/02/2008, daniwo59 at aol.com <daniwo59 at aol.com> wrote:
> Jokes aside on this mistake, there is a Farsi Wikipedia, and there are
> Wikipedians in Iran. Has anyone considered the possible impact that this could
> have on them?

I guess what impact it has on them is up to them. If they don't want
to be involved in a project that has pictures of Muhammad, then they
can leave, it's their choice. Of course, they could simply avoid those
few articles and work on less controversial parts of the project.

Unless you're suggestion there might be retaliatory action taken
against them, in which case I don't know enough about the situation to
comment.