[Foundation-l] WMF/EFF and Copyright extension

Chad innocentkiller at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 02:27:30 UTC 2008

If you're looking for a proposed wording, here's one:

====

Whereas

The Wikimedia Foundation wishes to encourage freedom of content, a goal
endangered by the recent efforts of the European Union to extend copyright
for musical artists from 50 to 95 years.

It is hereby resolved that the Wikimedia Foundation publicly denounces the
actions taken by the European Union and call for them to immediately
halt all discussions that endanger free content.

====

I'm open to suggestions on wording. If this could be cleaned up, could the
chair not push this quickly to a vote?

Always,
Chad