[Foundation-l] A "New York City Free Culture Alliance"?

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 01:27:02 UTC 2008

Hey Pharos,

I think it sounds like a great idea. It's cool that NY is big enough
to have multiple such interested groups. IIRC there is also an art
museum in NY that has an encouragingly open attitude towards access
and digitalisation of their archives - they did some competition or
something with Flickr? Does that sound familiar?

On 17/02/2008, Pharos <pharosofalexandria at gmail.com> wrote:
> And the name will probably be something broader too- something like
> "Open New York Alliance", probably.

That's a little bit *too* broad, isn't it? Open what? Access, Minds,
Relationships, Borders? :)

> I just think this could be a way for us to really speak with a united
> voice on local issues, and to coordinate activities in a real-life
> sense, because there's a limited amount that can be done online.
>
> Any reactions? ideas? suggestions?

Good luck and keep us updated on your successes. :)

cheers,
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/