[Foundation-l] Wikimedia videos on Internet Archive

Pharos pharosofalexandria at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 18:26:05 UTC 2008

Currently all the Wikimedia videos (of various talks, activities, and
conferences) on the Internet Archive are in the catch-all Open Source
Movies collection.

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=Wikimedia%20AND%20mediatype%3Amovies%20AND%20collection%3Aopensource_movies

Since we have quite a few of them, I suggest that we apply for a
sub-collection in the Computers & Technology collection.  I've read
that the usual requirement is for at least twenty videos, and we have
quite a few more than that.

http://www.archive.org/details/computersandtechvideos

This way our videos would be better organized, and have a higher
profile to the public.

Who should I contact in WMF for official permission to apply for such
a sub-collection?

Thanks