[Foundation-l] Wikipedia Academy in New York City?

Pharos pharosofalexandria at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 04:09:23 UTC 2008

Local Wikimedians in the New York City area have been organizing more
recently, and we've tried to reach out to other local pro-free culture
groups.

Members of the Students For Free Culture chapter at Columbia
University have expressed some interest in co-hosting a "content jam"
with us, a mass event for writing and improving Wikipedia articles.

The most relevant process would I think be the "Wikipedia Academy"
model, that has been held in several different countries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Academy

It would be great if we could find some 'adviser' on this process, who
has helped organize a "Wikipedia Academy" before, and could exchange
e-mails with us on how to coordinate and run such an event.

Thanks