[Foundation-l] Wikipedia Loves Art- photography contest at museums worldwide

Pharos pharosofalexandria at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 04:12:13 UTC 2008

Hi folks,

I'd like to let you folks know about "Wikipedia Loves Art", a
scavenger hunt and free content photography contest project being
organized at several museums worldwide in February.

So far these museums are confirmed:
Brooklyn Museum in New York City
Victoria and Albert Museum in London
Los Angeles County Museum of Art
Inadianapolis Museum of Art

But we're very interested in recruiting other institutions to join.
There have been some rumblings in Australia, Hungary and Germany on
that front, I think.

Here are the main relevant links:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/wikipedia_loves_art/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Loves_Art

These links also cover some of our past photography projects in New
York City (which this project is partly an evolution on):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Takes_Manhattan/Spring_2008
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Takes_Manhattan
http://www.streetfilms.org/archives/wikis-take-manhattan/

If anyone anywhere is interested in helping their local museum to
participate in this project, please contact me and I'll help.

Thanks,
Pharos