[Foundation-l] Wikistats is back

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 06:35:47 UTC 2008

Hoi,
It is not one either. It has been said repeatedly that the process of a
straightforward back up is something that is done on a regular basis. This
however includes a lot of information that we do not allow to be included in
the data export that is made available to the public. So never mind what
database is used, special purpose software is needed to provide the
functionality needed.

This functionality needs more redesign and programming. It is a process that
impacts the usability of the English language Wikipedia and as such may
benefit from the Stanton gift.. then again it does not impact the usability
of people new to Wikipedia.
Thanks,
      GerardM