[Foundation-l] New project proposal: Soviet Repressions Memorial

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Wed Dec 24 09:10:44 UTC 2008

Kurt Maxwell Weber wrote:
> I have submitted a new project proposal, at
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Victims_of_Soviet_Repressions_Memorial

Isn't this the sort of thing we've been in the business of slowly
getting out of, with the move offsite of the September 11 memorial wiki?
The consensus from that move seemed to be that notable victims of the
September 11 attacks get an article on the regular encyclopedia projects
(what constitutes "notable" being a different debate), and non-notable
ones are either redirects to a larger article discussing them or not
there at all, but that in either case we shouldn't be in the business of
hosting victim memorials.

-Mark