[Foundation-l] and what if...

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 01:10:22 UTC 2008

Hoi,
The creation of content is not something the WMF organisation deals with. It
has started to employ experts in order to make our environment more usable.
As part of the Stanton project, a user interface designer will be included.
This is likely to improve the usability of MediaWiki a lot. By including
such expertise as part of development projects, we can hope that people who
have so far been unable to connect to our wiki way will become empowered and
join us in making our projects grow in vitality.

The notion that many experts have not been part of our community is however
a fallacy, many people have been contributing as part of external projects
to improve content of the en,wp. One such example has been people from the
"Linguist list" working on the linguistics domain.
Thanks,
        GerardM