[Foundation-l] and what if...

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sat Dec 13 18:28:00 UTC 2008

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 1:15 PM, Todd Allen <toddmallen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, all states have laws. It is the content of those laws which
> determines whether or not the state is a free and open society. One
> may have a free and open society that is not an anarchy.
>
> Prior-restraint censorship, or blocking people from seeing,
> discussing, and thinking about (as opposed to performing) potentially
> harmful actions make that answer a "no".

Can we get back on topic?  We should be discussing child pornography laws
here.  If you're trying to say that a free and open society can't have laws
against the sale, distribution, and production of child pornography, then
say that, don't create strawman laws about seeing, discussing, and thinking
about potentially harmful actions.