[Foundation-l] and what if...

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 14:05:12 UTC 2008

> Jimbo didn't say anyone who denies the Holocaust should be blocked, as
> though Wikipedia should engage in thought-crime.  He said "the sorts of
> people who deny the Holocaust are generally the sorts of people who ought to
> be blocked on sight from editing Wikipedia".  High correlation, not
> causation.

I agree - there is a high correlation. Anyone that believes the
Holocaust didn't happen probably doesn't support the use of reliable
sources, which makes them incompatible with our goals. Thus, they
should be blocked. I wouldn't support blocking them on sight, though -
they should be given a chance to screw up first.