[Foundation-l] and what if...

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Fri Dec 12 21:00:38 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 3:51 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>wrote:

> > I'd say it's long past the point where the (minimal) saved hassle is
> worth
> > the trouble.
>
> The trouble is minimal, the hassle is almost certainly enough to lose
> us some good edits.

I find it hard to believe you managed to keep a straight face while saying
that the trouble was minimal.

In any case, you don't *have* to lose any good edits.  You could always ask
the person to create the account *after* they edit the page.  Then you and
others like you, who don't want to lose any good edits, can filter through
the edits of people who didn't bother to create an account.

You'd lose *fewer* good edits that way.