[Foundation-l] Annual Fundraiser 2008 update

the wub thewub.wiki at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 9 20:19:13 UTC 2008

2008/12/8 Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com>:
> 2008/12/8 David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>:
>> 2008/12/8 Rand Montoya <rmontoya at wikimedia.org>:
>>
>>> 1) A quick update of the community giving stats (gifts less than
>>> $10,000) for the first 35 days of the fundraiser:
>>

>> How many donations in the name of The Scorpions? ;-D
>
> At least one this morning - "Re Scorpions: I disapprove of what you
> say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. (Voltaire on
> censorship)"
>
> It'd be interesting to see if this whole nonsense helped at all.

First the wikipedia.de kerfuffle gives us a boost, and now this!
Anyone fancy going out and stirring up another controversy? :)

More seriously though, its great to see the fundraiser doing so well
this year - the professionalism is evident and it's paying off. I've
spent far too long the past few months being bombarded with various
companies' expensive, fancy, glossy recruiting brochures - and I have
to say that WMF's Annual Report looks better than all of them! Great
work Rand, and everyone else involved.

the wub