[Foundation-l] The new iteration

Michael Bimmler mbimmler at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 13:00:34 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 1:24 PM, Thomas Goldammer <thogol at googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2008/12/8, Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com>:
>> Anybody alive?
>>
>>  The iteration goes like:
>>  * I start to talk about low activity on the list.
>>  * Erik mentions that new step toward license migration has been happened.
>>  * Others get some idea to talk about.
>>  * The new iteration of discussion begins.
>>
>>  So, let's try: This list became dead once again!
>>

> This is a very good moment to unsubscribe from this list. A mailing
> list is a platform to announce things and to inform many people of
> something important, it is not a place to discuss.

I think this would be a moment to review the description at

which is rather historic and looks funny nowadays...but still...where
was it, ever, said that foundation-l should be a kind of
"announce-only" list?  In fact, I very much favor it for discussions,
if only because you can actually (selectively) quote people's replies
which is as of yet still not possible in MediaWiki (as deployed
currently on the Wikimedia wikis -- talking about extensions which are
not switched on is somewhat pointless here)

Michael

--
Michael Bimmler
mbimmler at gmail.com