[Foundation-l] Fwd: [Commons-l] Making Wikimedia Commons less frightening

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 21:00:29 UTC 2008

I speak as a big fan of and participant in Wikimedia Commons.

But: Is it time to deprecate Commons as a WMF service project? It's
clearly failing and the local "community" is actively hostile to
contributors from other wikis.

Commons appears to have forgotten it was created as a service project
for other WMF wikis. It's not doing the job any more.

Discussions please. (Not denial that this problem is a problem, thanks.)

- d.