[Foundation-l] Announcement: Naoko Komura

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 13:56:22 UTC 2008

Hoi,
Naoko welcome. Usability is a subject that is also of a particular
importance to the "down stream" users of MediaWiki. Organisations like
UNICEF, Kennisnet, Commonwealth of Learning and many others are investing
and have invested in improved usability. I hope you will be interested in
leveraging all this hard word and make it count even more. The tapes of the
usability studies of UNICEF, who are in English by the way, are available to
people working on usability. There is even a really good possibility for you
to make use of the Tanzanian team who executed the UNICEF studies. There are
many more opportunities...

Given the size of the grant, there is this opportunity to make sure that the
usability effort will not only lead to open source but also to open
collaboration.
Thanks,
      GerardM