[Foundation-l] Regarding the one million dollar usability grant and already extant but unused extensions

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Sat Dec 6 02:54:21 UTC 2008

Semantic Mediawiki and Semantic Forms are already high quality mediawiki
extensions that go along way towards usability and quality issues. They are
also free. I hope the Wikimedia Foundation plans to flex its muscle in
urging projects to adopt these extensions as a part of this larger goal,
rather than dumping a million dollars into the development of new
technologies. I thought 20,000 was too much for the rating extension, a
million is definitely far too much for usability given that basic options
haven't even been explored yet.

Cheers,
Brian Mingus
--