[Foundation-l] What is a page in wikipedia?

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 22:29:24 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 7:01 AM, K.Siva Senthil
<opensource.ksivasenthil at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was trying to find out what is the difference between an article and page
> in wiki's terminology?
>
> I found this article which talks about article -
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:ARTICLE
>
> However, there is not such descriptive article about what a page means in
> wikipedia.
>
> Can somebody please help me differentiate them?
>
> I suspect that both article and page mean same. They are used
> interchangeably. Is my understanding correct?

For Wikipedia, they are not used the same way. There's an explanation here:
http://howwikipediaworks.com/ch01s03.html
:)

(for everyone else, we did try to address many of these basic
questions that are sort of difficult to answer with existing help
documentation in the book; I hope it's useful for those purposes).

-- phoebe