[Foundation-l] 80% of our projects are failing

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 06:48:19 UTC 2008

Hoi,
In the blogging I have done on this subject, I included screen shots of the
CreatePage extension. One screen shot shows the extension without a change
to the skin, the other shows the same extension on a UNICEF wiki. The screen
shot was created while we were testing it on one of the
ExtensionTesting<http://extensiontesting.wikiation.nl/>environments.
This environment has now been scratched because we moved on
with the testing to other extensions.

What the UNIWIKI clearly shows, it that the CreatePage extension is used in
combination with templates for an article of a specific type. This would
urge users to include predefined headings and categories. This would be a
boon to newbie editors and it would be a gentle way to urge a start with a
more complete structure. In this way we might even get less stubs as a
connsequence of implementing this functionality.

Marcus, you are probably right. As you are obviously getting your mind
around this issue, you are in a great position to do exactly what you
propose.
Thanks,
       GerardM

http://ultimategerardm.blogspot.com/2008/11/improving-mediawiki-usability.html